[Coco] [Color Computer] Yahoo has blocked all files etc

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Dec 16 19:44:32 EST 2019

On Monday 16 December 2019 18:35:20 Dave Philipsen wrote:

> It’s interesting how Yahoo tries to explain this change. As a
> moderator/owner of a couple of groups I received an email from Yahoo
> which explained how everything they were doing was for the benefit of
> the end users.  Yeah, right? Do they really expect anyone to believe
> them?
>
> Another point: don’t forget that Yahoo was taken over by Verizon
> awhile back. So in my mind this affects the reputation of Verizon.

As a former verizon customer, they don't have a reputation to worry
about, which is precisely why I get my phone and net from the local
cable folks since 5 or 6 years back. And barring area wide power fails
over 12 hours in duration, they've been 1000000% more dependable than vz
ever was in the previous 25 years. LL goes dead, call em on your cell
phone, they'll be right out.

Wash rinse repeat every day for a week, give up and file a report with
the WV PUC, someone muttering about the gall of a customer calling in
the PUC comes around and moves my line to another pair in a 50 pair
cable thats 70 years old and full of water.  Smartest move I made was
switching about 5 or 6 years ago. I went from a 20kb connection to a 10
megabit, same free nationwide LD, and saved 5 bucks a month. I can get
gigabit if I wanted to pay more.