[Coco] What do you use for pull-up and pull-down TTL resistor values? (LS series) (coco related project but possibly OT)

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Apr 22 15:55:36 EDT 2019

Ed Snider wrote:
> It’s always best to refer to the datasheet for a particular device if possible

I am trying to learn how to do that! :)

I am going to go back and re-read some (some rather lengthy) articles on pull-ups and pull-downs and try to understand the underlying reason they are needed and the formula and numbers they are plugging in.

I gather so far it has to do w/ limiting the current.  Using just enough that is needed for a stable circuit w/o using too much.

Thanks. It helps getting feedback like that. Between you and Dave I'm comfortable enough w/ what I am doing in the learning exercises I have going on which hopefully will lead to some projects.

James