[Coco] What do you use for pull-up and pull-down TTL resistor values? (LS series) (coco related project but possibly OT)

Ed Snider zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:23:42 EDT 2019

Depending on the device, not using a resistor might draw some current unnecessarily.

It’s a judgment call depending on the particular device, and often not required, but using a pulldown
is better in my opinion (aside from the extra component taking up board space).  I’m talking in general,
not just standard TTL logic.

I’ve used both methods, depends on the situation.

In any case, using a pulldown rather than a direct connection certainly won’t hurt, and will
probably be more power efficient.

- Ed