[Coco] OVCC -- official distribution?

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Apr 22 10:11:26 EDT 2019

Tormod Volden wrote:
> GPL ...  doesn't force anyone to ship source code together
> with the binaries, you simply must provide the source to those who ask
> (and already got binaries) - which is exactly what Walter is doing.

True and point taken. And that is why I prefaced my comment twice to say I am NOT criticizing him for doing it that way.  I am sure he has his reasons.

I just did wanted to point out, that anyone who is re-distributing OVCC (like your PPA, or say someone wanted to fork the project or incorporate it into another GPL'd project), has the right to distribute the code and make it publicly available.

James