[Coco] OVCC -- official distribution?

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Apr 22 01:23:49 EDT 2019

Food for thought and not to be negative about it, since it looks like Walter has done a bang-up job at this (even though I have yet to try it out -- and I have not seen or heard any buzz about it either on the list or on Facebook).

Also, apparently he is giving access to the private site to anyone (who asks?). Which is nice ... so... again, NOT to criticize him about it ...

And perhaps I am not stating anything that anyone on the list doesn't already know about the GPL, but just to point out that anyone who has the source or has been given access to the private github site can turn around and post it to a public site and be within their right to do so.  W/ VCC being GPL'd then OVCC must also be GPL'ed and therefore when a binary is provided then the source code must be provided as well.  SO ... at the very least, a zipped file of the source should be provided along w/ the binary to comply w/ the license ...

Nonetheless, I really don't understand the reason the GitHub site is private.

my 2 cents anyway ...

James