[Coco] Chip Availability???

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 11:45:44 EDT 2019

Most parts are available as NOS in quantity except for the SALT, and as you mentioned, the GIME.

Gary Becker and I are working on an FPGA based replacement for the GIME that should be
released later this year, and a replacement for the SALT is something that could certainly be done
as well.

I suspect the DAC will be the next chip to fall off of the availability list, though it is available right now.

The standard motorola parts (and of course standard logic ICs) were produced in huge quantities
and will probably be around for a while.

There are parts listings in the service manuals for the various models.

- Ed