[Coco] A note to Android phone users

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 04:49:23 EDT 2018

Why paper records? I assume Samsung Pay can be set up the same as Android Pay so you get an e-mail each time its used.
The card number can't be stolen from the phone, it does not store it. It generates a "Digital Card Number" which is used for the transaction

https://www.westpac.com.au/faq/samsung-pay-digital-card-number/

the phone only knows the last four digits of the card. You are assuming that the phisher told the truth. This is almost never true.
The card details were almost certainly obtained in another way. Either from the stripe by swiping it twice in say a petrol
station or restaurant. Have you let it out of your sight is such a place?

Or as others have said it could have been sniffed in an on-line purchase? I try to avoid directly entering my card into any web site.
I always use PayPal so the retailer never sees card number.

Payment methods like Samsung Pay, Apple Pay and Android pay are amongst the hardest to crack.
Of course physical ownership of the device using it allows it to be forged,

Dave