[Coco] A note to Android phone users

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Oct 30 22:17:23 EDT 2018

On Tuesday 30 October 2018 19:18:57 Ken Flanagan wrote:

> If you don't have a Samsung phone, there's no way it was Samsung Pay.
> It only works with their phones. Also, it wouldn't be an actual
> Samsung employee doing the phishing, just like Microsoft doesn't call
> up people to say their computers are infected. I would say someone got
> the info from a telephone order or you were the victim of one of
> several online data thefts that have happened.

Thats a more believable scenario, probably. But I mean it as a warning to
my fellow coco-nuts who do have such a phone. Keep a paper record, even
if you are like me and can't read your own scribbles 6 months later, for
EVERY time you use that service to pay for something even if its just
your morning coffee. Then log into your account and verify. It could
save you an account cleanout.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)