[Coco] First CoCo

Al Hartman alhartman6 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 21 01:08:50 EDT 2018

Ed Snider is working on a replacement keyboard using Cherry Keycaps.

So, for those of you who never got an HJL keyboard, this may be your chance.

-[ Al ]-

On 10/20/2018 10:42:26 PM, Bruce W. Calkins <brucewcalkins at charter.net> wrote:
Yes I studied those HJL advertisements. I settled on a cheap surplus
Cherry type keyboard, unsoldered the circuit board and hand wired and
soldered the matrix to the exposed key connections. I was delighted
when it worked correctly the first time I plugged it in! As mentioned
earlier, I wore it out. The replacement was not quite the same quality
and I was not able to put it into the case as neatly. Those original
keyboards were a royal pain for touch typing.
Bruce W.