[Coco] First CoCo

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Oct 20 22:42:16 EDT 2018

Yes I studied those HJL advertisements.  I settled on a cheap surplus
Cherry type keyboard, unsoldered the circuit board and hand wired and
soldered the matrix to the exposed key connections.  I was delighted
when it worked correctly the first time I plugged it in!  As mentioned
earlier, I wore it out.  The replacement was not quite the same quality
and I was not able to put it into the case as neatly.  Those original
keyboards were a royal pain for touch typing.
Bruce W.