[Coco] Once more: TRIM YOUR POSTS

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Oct 18 16:28:36 EDT 2018

On Thursday 18 October 2018 15:21:08 Scott Wendt wrote:

> I know the advantage of trimming your post, but the truth is it is a
> more difficult than it seems steps on outlook and gmail which are the
> majority mail clients these days.

Then vote with you feet, and use a different email agent. I am using the
kmail published by the TDE folks, which is a fork of KDE at about the
KDE-3.5 level, but with tons of bugs fixed. It has only one bug
remaining that I'm aware of, shows up when the local email corpus
exceeds 4Gb, which this install handily triples, in that it tends to
loose track of a folders index, which translates to its not remembering
the last email read in a given folder, so when you click into the big
folders, its starts with the 1st msg. It will find the next unread for
that folder but takes a few seconds.

> They make it very difficult to even
> know there is text in your reply that shouldn't be there. They also
> don't show the extra text when reading the replies.

Inexcusable behavior, change your agent or ISP even, its fixable. For
windows folks, (this is linux, I don't allow windows on the premises) I
hear thunderbird works well on windows.  See the mozilla.org site I
think for that email agent.

[...]
--
Cheers, Gene Heskett