[Coco] Assembly lang questions

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:38:20 EDT 2018

This is the difference between how characters are represented in Ascii vs
how they are represented in the CoCo's screen memory, I assume.  If you
print with Basic's print commands, or by using the CHROUT routine, chr(32)
will display as a space, since 32 is space's Ascii value.  But if you poke
a 32 into screen memory, it will display as a reverse video space.
(Decimal 96--$60 instead of $20--would poke in as a regular space.)  Same
with other text characters--reverse video instead of the regular character
if you poke them in.

If you use Basic's routines, the cursor position is in $88-89.

Art