[Coco] SDC and DriveWire 4 help...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 09:39:30 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some help with my CoCo 3 128k. I just started using my SDC I purchased some time ago (with SDC Explorer installed) and I have to say I love it (so far). I do have to admit though that there are some improvements that I would like to see. One thing I would like to see added, is either an ASCII TEXT VIEWER or (better yet) an ASCII TEXT EDITOR (it would also have to be a "DIZ" EDITOR as well). Another thing I would like to see is some way to make the CURSOR repeat whenever you press (AND hold) the UP/DOWN Arrow keys. It get tired pressing the ARROW KEY again and again...
The other problem I am having is, that now DriveWire 4 no longer runs (it used to run fine). I think (repeat THINK) it has something to do with the Version of JAVA I have installed (and recently updated - not of my choosing).
What I need to know is WHICH Version of JAVA do I need to run in order to get DriveWire 4 to run properly??? And WHERE do I go to get it??? Also is there ANY was to disable (or stop) JAVA from updating automatically??? I think this is what happened to ruin it. Also is someone working on another version of DriveWire 4 (or later) that uses another programing language (like Pascal or "C" or something else)???
I'm not sure what would be appropriate (or needed) for it to work. One last thing I need to know, is HOW do I backdate the Version of JAVA I have installed on my system so that it runs??? I am running Windows 10 Pro right now and have no intentions or updating to another system (at least for now, I don't)...

Thanks everyone (in advance) for your help in this matter...
Take care...
Joe...