[Coco] OT call home?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Nov 23 16:37:52 EST 2018

On Friday 23 November 2018 15:36:09 rcrislip wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 08:56:28 -0600
>
> "Christopher R. Hawks" <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 01:23:16 -0500
> >
> > "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> > > Just to make sure my mail client wasn't screwing up, I
> > > instantiated Thunderbird and received the same result, no
> > > reception. BUT I noticed that TWC servers are named TWCMail.server
> > > or something like that where as the server names I'm using on
> > > Claws Mail are POP-server.neo.rr.com and SMPT-server.neo.rr.com.
> > > These are working now as I stated already.
> >
> >     Hey, another claws-mail devotee!!! I've been using it so long, I
> > don't remember...
> >
> >     Simple, easy to use, and absolutely refuses to write 'web-page'
> > e-mail.
> >

> > Christopher R. Hawks
> > HAWKSoft
>
> My kind of client 8-) Annnnddd It hasn't choked over the large volume
> of archived mail as Thunderbird and KMail did.

Maybe, but wait till your email corpus goes back to 1997 Christopher. :)
Kmail does choke on it, but given enough time, it still gets it done.

I don't have an expire setup on this list, or the emc lists, and both are
dragging their feet. Coco seriously, takes 15 minutes to rebuild a lost
index on this old slowpoke, 2.1 GHz quad core Phenom with only 8GB of
ram.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)