[Coco] Help with my CoCo FDD

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 18 22:16:22 EST 2018

Thanks for all the FD info guys.

I think I confused everyone!

The Panasonic FD is not the broken FD.  It's one I want to buy for my PC so I can test
(O)VCC.

I just want some feedback as to that particular FD being adequate for that specific purpose.

I.E:  Can I use just any 5.1/4" FD for reading/writing CoCo floppies via a PC.

I thought that one (Panasonic JU-455-5 AAG) looked good because it is a true 360K FD.

Of course if physical FD support is no longer needed in VCC then I don't need to by it at all.

The other option is if I find a working FD for my CoCo system can I just unplug it from the CoCo
And plug it into a PC with an FD controller and expect it to work?

For an update on the other topic (my broken FD) see another email!!! :)

Walter