[Coco] Copyrighted ROMs

Lee leep at tigerbase.com
Wed Nov 14 12:50:26 EST 2018

Wow, I don't think I've seen this level of "unfriendliness" in this list
before.  Out of all this entire thread, I've only see two
non-confrontational responses that were actually related to the OPs post.
One saying to provide links instead of the actual material, and one saying
the links might be troublesome as well (although that one through an
"irritating" jab in as well).  I'm normally a passive reader of this list,
but this thread has just rubbed me enough the wrong way that I had to
reply.  Now that I've also contributed nothing to the OPs original post,
I'll go back to lurking. :)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:41 PM Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <
bathory at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> On Wed, November 14, 2018 12:36 pm, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> > If I wanted to provide this, I would create a Windows cmd script and a
> > unix/MacOS version that essentially downloads all the roms from the
> > various sites and concatenates them together.  That way, you've provided
> > the way to organize the roms, without actually providing them.
> >
> > There is no law against that.
> >
> > Jim
>

> It's abetting copyright violation. It was covered by court decision way
> back
> in the early 1980s.
>
> Dennis
>
> PS: In other irritating matters, ROMs has no apostrophe.

Lee Perkins
TigerBase Technologies
leep at tigerbase.com