[Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for CoCo?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Nov 10 23:09:11 EST 2018

On Saturday 10 November 2018 22:21:23 Stephen Fischer wrote:

> For those of you without a RTC and no possibility of getting one
> working,
>
> if someone is willing to move the OS-9 Cheap Watch Utility into the
> current century please PM me. I think that it is a very simple fix,
> use DED to change "19" to "20" and update the crc.
>
> The first time I used it was so good that it was in use ever since.
>
> Not as good as a RTC which I never had, but better that any other way
> to set the clock!
>
> SHF

Where would I find that utility?

That said, the os9's day 1 year 1 is 1969 or1970. Its been so long I've
forgotten but thats the start of time in the *nix world", so its good
till 2038 before it runs out of seconds and rolls over due to the size
of the var that holds the the time. Because the year in the dp
reservation is a byte, we've had to play tricks between the time stored
in those 6 reserved bytes to get the proper date for display and file
dating. All this was before y2k, so I'm 18 years rusty. But if that code
preferably in src form can be located, I might see if I can fix it.

Warranty void of course. :)

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)