[Coco] 6809 CC Reg Overflow bit

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Nov 7 14:13:05 EST 2018

On 2018-11-07 10:52 a.m., Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:
> I suspected that it could be an error, but wondered how it could have gotten through the edit process. I have not looked for an errata for this book.

It's extremely easy for something like that to slip through. A typical
editor would be looking for correct grammar and things like that and
wouldn't necessarily understand the content even if they were paying
attention to it, which they usually won't be.

That leaves the author to catch things like that. Unfortunately, the
author knows what it is supposed to say and will often miss when it
doesn't. Been there, done that. Have you ever written something (even a
blog post) that you proofread a dozen times (and fixed errors every
time), basically to the point where you were certain it was perfect? And
then, several years later, did you go back and discover, to your horror,
some glaringly obvious error? This is the same effect.

That said, sometimes deliberate errors are left in to trap plagiarism.
That's probably not the case here, but it does happen. This is
especially useful in cases where there are limited ways of expressing
things correctly but unlimited ways of getting things wrong. Think fake
towns or roads on maps for instance.