[Coco] Some may call this heresy

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue May 29 11:06:16 EDT 2018

> On May 29, 2018, at 6:20 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>

> There is enough memory for a 25 line display, and a much larger, more
> readable display can be had if the monitors horizontal hold can be
> coaxed into accepting a signal with an hscan rate of around 18
> kilohertz. All in the chips initialization string in the driver.

That would pretty much put the oscillation from the flyback transformer outside of the human hearing range anyway!  I distinctly remember being able to hear that oscillation (15.75 kHz) on pretty much any tv or monitor when I was younger.  However, I’ve checked my hearing now and the highest I can hear is just shy of 13 kHz!

Dave