[Coco] [CoCo] SuperIDE Clean Install NitrOS-9 L2

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Sat May 19 17:57:23 EDT 2018

Further Progress I have found that the April 7th 2018 Boot
to Drivewire can access both the  Master i0 and Slave i1
drives

  I have drives I names /01 and /02 derived from i0
  I then created another drive named a Drive /0T
  ( I think of the T as meaning Test. )

  nam=0T mgr=RBF ddr=rbsuper
  hpn=07 hpa=FF50 drv=00 stp=00 typ=81 dns=00 cyl=00FF sid=01
  vfy=01 sct=0020 t0s=0020 ilv=01 sas=10 wpc=05 ofs=0000 rwc=

  I then created another drive named a Drive /0T this time
  using i1 as the template.

  nam=1T mgr=RBF ddr=rbsuper
  hpn=07 hpa=FF50 drv=01 stp=00 typ=81 dns=01 cyl=00FF sid=01
  vfy=01 sct=0020 t0s=0020 ilv=01 sas=10 wpc=05 ofs=0000 rwc=

  Note These drives would be in the same place if i1 is defective.
  I have found the 2014 i1 to be defective but that the problem was
solved by 2018 - My test system is dated
April 7, 2018. I also found out that you have to be careful to use a new
version of format so perhaps I will need
to be careful about any disk utilitys.

This to me is success enough - Multiple Partitions on
the Master Drive and Access to RSDOS from NOS9 without
drive wire and also access to the Slave drive when Booting
with Drive Wire 2018 - Daily Build.

Thank  you for the help.