[Coco] [CoCo] SourceForge NitrOS-9 and Toolshed Repo's broken

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat May 5 20:42:56 EDT 2018

On Saturday 05 May 2018 19:45:56 Tormod Volden wrote:

> On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 11:57 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 May 2018 16:00:24 David Ladd wrote:
> >> Ok just thought I would post a update.  Seems the repos are showing
> >> up now.  What is up with SourceForge these days?
> >
> > I tried to warn about sourceforge shortly after they were bought,
> > but no one wanted to hear it. Get nitros9 off the there and inspect
> > every file for malware insertions.
>
> Gene,
>
> That was the previous owners. SourceForge is in much better hands now,
> since it was sold to Slashdot Media two years ago. They still struggle
> with some infrastructure issues and migrations from time to time
> though.
>
> For the record, source repositories and project web sites like ours
> were never affected by malware, only some binary downloads (especially
> from abandoned projects) were wrapped inside "download tools" by the
> ridiculous people who ran it at the time.
>
> Regards,
> Tormod

I am one another mailing list, and they were complaining about possibly
contaminated files earlier today. They are still taking inventory after
about a 20 hour outage of their repo's (2 that were named) in the night
last night, so I won't name names until its found to be bad for sure.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)