[Coco] [CoCo] SourceForge NitrOS-9 and Toolshed Repo's broken

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat May 5 19:45:56 EDT 2018

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 11:57 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 05 May 2018 16:00:24 David Ladd wrote:
>>
>> Ok just thought I would post a update.  Seems the repos are showing
>> up now.  What is up with SourceForge these days?
>
> I tried to warn about sourceforge shortly after they were bought, but no
> one wanted to hear it. Get nitros9 off the there and inspect every file
> for malware insertions.

Gene,

That was the previous owners. SourceForge is in much better hands now,
since it was sold to Slashdot Media two years ago. They still struggle
with some infrastructure issues and migrations from time to time
though.

For the record, source repositories and project web sites like ours
were never affected by malware, only some binary downloads (especially
from abandoned projects) were wrapped inside "download tools" by the
ridiculous people who ran it at the time.

Regards,
Tormod