[Coco] Installing Multi-Vue on a NitrOS9 VHD (CoCoSDC)

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:18:28 EDT 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 8:53 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:
> Tormod, I actually talked to you about it and you said to leave it alone unless it was put to group discussion. I don't know about now, but for years the 'Tickets" section of the repo was not publicly writable (which I also complained about), so comment were restricted to the "Discussions" page. I may have even mentioned it there and I know I've mentioned on this list more than once and probably the FB page as well.

OK, thanks. I couldn't find anything in the bug/feature tracker or
discussion. I searched through my e-mails now and you're right it was
brought up on the list but not much explanation or discussion ensued:

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
>>
>> You do need CoWin in your boot (Who switched cowin for cogrf in the rep disks? Bad decision)
>
> Looking through the commit log, this happened 2 1/2 year ago. I don't
> know if it was intentional, the commit message doesn't say anything
> about it...
>
> Is there any consensus on this? Or do we need boot floppies of each kind?

Then you explained to me a bit more in private e-mail, and I asked you
to file a bug report, and you said yes :)

My main reason for reposting the above is to highlight a typical
problem - non-obvious changes being made without any explanation in
the commit message... Especially at the time It was hard for someone
like me to judge whether the change was random or if the guy in
question knew something that you and me didn't know... I have been
trying to enforce a stricter commit discipline but some people get
grumpy about that also :)

If most people will be happy with cowin we can change it in the
official repo, we are not intentionally trying to keep it a "Hard to
Use Project".

Regards,
Tormod