[Coco] Patching NitrOS9 for 8 meg

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu May 3 11:01:37 EDT 2018

On Thursday 03 May 2018 09:42:30 Doug Fraser wrote:

> What about the nitros9 level 3 code to free up system ram? If that's
> what's needed then we possibly have the means to move the scf and rbf
> stuff to local ram and free up system ram and maybe have room for the
> larger memory map.  Just a thought.

I have worked on that, but the loader that is supposed to determine that
stuff only switches once, and that will have to be fixed so it switches
back at the end of each module, treating each independently. Until that
is fixed, and from extensive study of the code we do have, I was not
able to get my head on the same page as the author of the code we have.
The bottom line is that we do not yet have code that will actually boot.
And since the pulmonary embolism I had about 3 years back cost me a few
IQ points, I don't feel capable of fixing that.

Take that as a challenge, you younsters.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)