[Coco] Patching NitrOS9 for 8 meg

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu May 3 10:08:20 EDT 2018

On 5/3/2018 7:19 AM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> Paul Barton’s NoCan3 has 8 MB RAM (amongst other things) back in the day. OS-9 and NitrOS-9’s internal memory map structures are pretty well limited to 2 MB RAM without a major rewrite (and breaking backwards compatibility).
To soften the blow of moving beyond 2MB (assuming the need exists) in
Nitros9, one should consider a construct that grossly partitions the
memory into 2MB "chunks".  Applications can pull from memory within a
2MB chunk, but not beyond it, but each app can be placed into a separate
2MB "chunk".

Can someone point me to a layman's memory map structure for OS9? (is
there a C struct-like layout that would be easy to understand)?

jim