[Coco] Patching NitrOS9 for 8 meg

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu May 3 08:19:37 EDT 2018

Paul Barton’s NoCan3 has 8 MB RAM (amongst other things) back in the day. OS-9 and NitrOS-9’s internal memory map structures are pretty well limited to 2 MB RAM without a major rewrite (and breaking backwards compatibility). But, a specialized driver could make use of it. The NoCan 3 allowed you to make a 6 MB RAM drive, plus 2 MB. of main system RAM those drivers are already done and tested, so I suspect that will be the fault configuration for CocoMem as well. And I can imagine other specialized drivers could make use of it as well (perhaps a pool of graphics or sound samples that could be copied to the main 2 MB area when needed, without having to hit a hard drive or CocoSDC except for the initial loading, etc.

Sent from my iPhone