[Coco] [CoCo] SuperIDE Clean Install NitrOS-9 L2

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:38:06 EDT 2018

Allen,

Yes, but the person that keeps emailing me is wanting to have the SuperIDE
itself natively bootable.  So that would require going through the entire
process of setting up HDBDOS and getting the NitrOS-9 offsets for dmode and
/ih and all the other fun stuff.

That is the problem here is I can't help the person as my CF card died and
I didn't backup the CF card so I have non of the HDBDOS tools to go through
the process of helping the person.

Hence my first email stating a step by step of the process of setting up
HDBDOS on the SuperIDE and installation of NitrOS-9 L2 onto the SuperIDE
and how to use the /ih and LINK.BAS to link the OS9Boot file from the
HDBDOS partition into the LSN0 of the real (Nitr)OS-9 volume.

I am almost to the point of just asking the person to get in contact with
Mark Marlette as I don't have the tools to help the person.  Until I can
get the required files to make my own usable again.

Plus when I got the SuperIDE I never had to go through the full
installation as I bought HDBDOS with it and thus it was preinstalled and
configured for me.  So this process would be a learning process for me as
well.

So now back to the original question which I am hoping those who have
manually gone through this process might have a walkthrough for doing this
so I can hopefully share with this other person.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |