[Coco] More on NitrOS9 and format

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 21:50:04 EDT 2018

Bill, I was the one that mentioned it not running from a script. This has been a problem for quite some time in running the boot making scripts included on the NitrOS9 release images. Why? No one has figured it out yet that I know of. But format runs fine from the command line.
I have run format on a Coco3 (512k & 1 meg), Coco2 (64k), Coco1 (64k), (all 3 with & without an MPI), VCC (512k to 8 meg), Mame (512k to 8 meg), & Coco3FPGA (512k to 4.5 meg) using Floppy disks (40 & 80trk), GlensideIDE (4gig), Raw SD card (Coco3FPGA, 4x 1gig partitions), "dsk", & "vhd" (emulators). I format drives up to 4gig in size (IDE & VHD) with no problems.
The only time I see a problem is when running the boot scripts on the repo disks. But even then, it does not crash my system. It just fails and moves to the next command in the script and continues. As a fix for this, I format the disk before running the script and comment out the format command in the script.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com