[Coco] using WIMGTOOL to add files to a .DSK image

Lee leep at tigerbase.com
Fri Mar 9 11:02:24 EST 2018

I've found Toolshed (https://sourceforge.net/p/toolshed/wiki/Documentation/)
to be very useful in reading/writing/creating DECB and OS9 formatted floppy
images (it can already create cassette WAVs). I use it in my PC development
environment where I compile with lasm, then use decb.exe (or os9.exe) to
copy resulting BINs to a disk image which is already mounted on the CoCo
via DriveWire.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:47 AM, Stephen Fischer <SFischer1 at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> The author of "EMUDSK" is on Facebook but is not active. He moved his
> project to GitHub but it no EXE. The Sourceforge version has big problems.
>
> I have not seen him here.
>
> As you thinking of the author of CoCoDskUtil, he does post here at random
> times.
>
> SHF
>

> On 3/8/2018 9:19 PM, Wayne Campbell wrote:
>
>> I use wimgtool all the time when I'm working on decode. It's handy for
>> copying the files that I edit on the PC to a disk image that I can then
>> copy onto the hard drive image in VCC, and for copying files from VCC and
>> saving them into a folder on the drive on the PC. It is a very handy tool.
>> I also have a program called emudisc that works similarly but has a
>> graphic
>> interface so I can drag-and-drop to and from a disk image and I can also
>> set or change the attributes on the file. The author is on this list,
>> though his name escapes me at the moment. That program is also useful
>> though I don't use it as much as I use wimgtool. That is primarily because
>> I've been using wimgtool so long that it's just become habit to select it
>> first.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 9:10 PM rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> This is a quick demonstration on how to use WIMGTOOL on your PC to add
>>> files to a coco .DSK image.
>>>
>>> I use this technique to add .bin's and .ccc's to PRGFLASH.DSK so that I
>>> can flash them to the Coco Flash using my SDC.
>>>
>>> I also use the same technique to add downloaded games and apps to an
>>> existing .DSK image
>>>

>>> https://youtu.be/HK8gliBrRno

Lee Perkins
TigerBase Technologies