[Coco] SirSound project update

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Mar 6 16:47:58 EST 2018

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 3:42 PM, Jim McClanahan <jim30109 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Run it on an ESP8266 and we can telnet into it over WiFi. :-)

The ESP is cheaper and has much of the same hardware, but it’s 3.3V, which would require circuitry to work with this chip so that makes it a hardware project. I’m just a software guy :(

However, I have since found there are dozens of polyphonic software synth programs for Arduino that do polyphonic music. Some of the demos are fantastic (there’s even a SID emulator!).

Who knows. Maybe we won’t even use the sound chip, and just emulate it in Arduino software. I’ll be playing with that next change I get.

		— A