[Coco] SirSound project update

Jim McClanahan jim30109 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:42:06 EST 2018

Run it on an ESP8266 and we can telnet into it over WiFi. :-)

I have a "real" floppy controller and drive for an old CoCo 1I have,
but haven't been ambitious enough to try it out yet. I have a CoCo 3
on the way and was planning to use Drivewire with it. (The floppy
controller is one of the original ones that is only compatible with
the CC1 because of voltages on the cartridge port, so I couldn't use
it on the CC3 even if I wanted to.)

Part of me likes the idea of being able to cross develop from the
Drivewire server, but I started off in 1980 with a 6502 editor and
assembler loaded from cassette on my OSI C1P (after a lot of hand
coded machine language work) so even EDTASM+ from disk looks like a
pretty elaborate development system to me. :-)

Thanks,
Jim