[Coco] TL866A Programmer

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:59:38 EDT 2018

On 07-Jun-18 12:24, Carlos Camacho wrote:
> I have some ST 27C128A EPROMs that I am using to program Extended Color
> BASIC ROM and also to program a combined Color BASIC and Extended Color
> BASIC ROM.
>
> In the past, I programmed both cases without issues, but its been awhile
> since I used my TL866A and I'm getting errors.
>
> If I program a 8K file that contains Extended Color BASIC ROM, it succeeds.
>
> When I I program a 16K file which is the combined Color BASIC and Extended
> BASIC ROMs, it fails right away with an error.
>
> I tried to program the 16K file two ways...
>
> 1) I had previously combined the 8K BASIC and 8K EXT BASIC ROMs with
> windows command tool.
> 2) I had saved all my settings and BIN as a TL866A project file
>
> What I don't get is doing it either way 1 or  worked perfectly in the past.
> So, what could I be doing wrong now? lol. I don't recall fiddling with an
> offset with approach 1 and 2 since it is a combined file.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carlos

What is the Error/Failure Message??

The (E)PROM Programmer doesn't know what the Data is being written to
the (E)PROM for..  All it is, is a series of Bytes that are being
written to a Device..

As long as the Series of Bytes is Equal To or Less Than the Device your
Programming, it should program, UNLESS the Device is Not Erased, ( or
it's Damaged or Bad ).

Your Combined File should be 16384 Bytes ( and the Standard BASIC should
be 8192 Bytes ).

MarkO