[Coco] Newsletter

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jun 8 00:52:23 EDT 2018

On Thursday 07 June 2018 22:47:37 Dave Philipsen wrote:

> Haha!  That phrase was popular when I was younger.  We used to say,
> "close enough for the kind of girls I go out with".  But if I try to
> use that phrase today, especially with the younger ones, I just get a
> blank stare.
>
> Dave

Chuckle, but I had to change it to be a little more "past tense" Dave.

My 3rd bride of 29 years this 12/2, is about finished. COPD and because
she is still a 2-3 pack a day smoker, has paper mache for bones. And
COPD is relentless. An elementary music teacher for 34 years, she had
most of the now middle aged folks in town as students, so she gets
recognized and loved everywhere she goes, or did before she started
breaking things, like a hip in February '17 and a leg in Feb. '18.  So
she is pretty much confined to a recliner, and I've been doing it all.
Never more than 125 lbs, she's down into the high 80's for a while now.
She was always a good girl, so we'll ride it out till ...

Take care now Dave.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)