[Coco] Newsletter

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Jun 8 00:30:56 EDT 2018

On 6/7/2018 9:47 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> Haha! That phrase was popular when I was younger.  We used to say,
> "close enough for the kind of girls I go out with".  But if I try to
> use that phrase today, especially with the younger ones, I just get a
> blank stare.
>
> Dave
>
> On 6/7/2018 9:10 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Its good enough that if you can
>> fill in the missing pieces, it will generally be more than "close enough
>> for the girls I've gone with."

I admit I'd not heard that one, and I think folks may look confused
because the imlication is unclear:

  * The girls you date lack precision?
  * They girls you date don't care about quality? (or precision?)
  * The girls you date aren't quality and thus would not care about it?

Obviously, some of the options will be considered inappropriate in this era.

Not wanting to get into the political aspects of the discussion, mainly
just seeking clarity on the intent :-)

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com