[Coco] RETRO innovations dual CPU PCB

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 00:10:09 EDT 2018

On 03-Jun-18 12:16, Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:
> Sorry, I clicked reply and it sent my message directly to Mark. Here
> is my reply:
>
> Thanks Mark!
>
> What component did you use on the underside of the PCB to plug into
> the CoCo motherboard. From the image that you shared, it looks lke a
> machine tooled socket strip.
>
> Thanks again, Salvador

I did chose Machined Tooled Strips for a Couple of the Duel CPU Boards..
  ( I bought 8 total )

I currently have Two, CoCo 2s and a CoCo 3 with the CPU replaced with a
Machined Pined Socket, so experimentation indicated that I should use
Machined Tooled Strips to connect them...

My CoCo 1 and Tano Dragon have Duel Wipe Sockets, so I will build a
couple Duel CPU Boards with the more common Square Pin Strips..

You can get reasonably priced Machined Tooled Strips from Jim's website
or from China off of eBay..  I bought mine in a Rush just before
CoCoFEST! and paid quite a bit from a US Suppler...

MarkO