[Coco] Fwd: Re: Multi Core FPGA ?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 24 10:07:48 EDT 2018

On 24/07/2018 10:21 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:

> Another idea might be to use a single vga and keyboard port but to
> split the display so that one side of the screen was controlled by
> one cpu and the other side by the other.  A hot key on the keyboard
> could allow you to ‘connect’ the keyboard to one cpu or the other.
> Lots of possibilities.

Certainly possible and even having hotkeys on the keyboard to switch the
display between various combinations of one, the other, or both CPUs
would be fairly straightforward, depending on the complexity of the
video architecture of the two.

Many years ago we were contracted to do a reference design for an
FPGA-based system and we chose two CPU instances running half the
display each with their own memory address spaces.

Fun times...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall