[Coco] Fwd: Re: Multi Core FPGA ?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Jul 24 08:21:11 EDT 2018

So even if an FPGA board was designed for multi-core cpu, whatever features were present on that board would have been designed for a very specific type of implementation. There are so many possible ways that you could implement such a beast.

I’ve thought that it might be interesting to actually design a board with two VGA ports, two keyboard ports, two separate memory chips and then you could run two independent CPUs and perhaps use internal block ram in dual-port mode as a communication channel between the two.

Another idea might be to use a single vga and keyboard port but to split the display so that one side of the screen was controlled by one cpu and the other side by the other.  A hot key on the keyboard could allow you to ‘connect’ the keyboard to one cpu or the other.  Lots of possibilities.

Dave

Sent from my iPad