[Coco] ANOTHER OFF TOPIC (FYI)...

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Tue Jul 17 19:11:32 EDT 2018

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:18:37 -0400
From: Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>

But of course if you are listening to the music in a car it’s not likely
that the
reproduction is hi-fidelity enough to make a difference. Combine that with
road
noise and the higher frequency hearing loss that all adults experience as
they age
and you’re not likely to notice the difference between a lossy mp3
recording and a
standard audio CD. I’m still driving a 2002 vehicle with 300k+ miles on it
so I
can’t take advantage of the higher density of an mp3 disk because the OEM
player of
that era did not support it. But if I could, I’d gladly switch over. I
could then
just bring along just one or two disks for a long road trip.

Dave, it's pretty cheap and easy to swap out the factory unit for a cheap
aftermarket head unit. Go ahead and get a simple one with no CD player,
electronic only. Now the $20 unit below is hardly "hi-fidelity", but it is
adequate. It's so cheap mainly because it only does USB, SD card,
Bluetooth, or an aux input.. and the ubiquitous AM/FM eadio. I'm thinking
about getting something like this for my boat. Might spend a little more,
but maybe not... might not last long in the boat... can replace it every
season for $20 though!