[Coco] My Vcc project update.

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:07:09 EDT 2018

On 11-Jul-18 07:41, Mark D. Overholser wrote:
> Another update.
>
> I have the keyboard and mouse events working correctly.  I am pretty
> happy at how easy (knock on wood) SDL2 is working out!
>
> So at the moment I have the following left to do:
> VCC special Func Key events
> Joystick events
> Gui Menu

Don't forget:
The Audio Support **
The Tape Support
The Bit-Banger Support ( Serial Port )
Please complete the full 6309 implementation as well (current versions
don’t do DIVD and DIVQ, for example) - L. Curtis Boyle

Also, keep in mind the possibility of adding:
DriveWire Support through a Virtual Serial Port
Becker Port Support ( Works with DriveWire )
ESP8266 / ESP32 Support ( Networking is Becoming a Thing ;)  )

Actually the DriveWire Application could be Added into the OVCC, mainly
the Networking Portions and Becker Port and ESP8266 / ESP32..

** The CoCo's Audio is the 6 Bit DAC, but could be enhanced with
Orchistra-90 or Sound and Speech Pack or the new Sound Options like the
CoCoGMC from John W. Linville or the CoCoPSG from Zippster ( Ed Snider
), or the Mini MPI's OPL Sound from Zippster or John Strong's Sound
Module or Allen Huffman's Sound Module..

> Can anyone tell me if I need any kind of special joystick to work with
> VCC. I ask because I have never had/used a joystick on a PC before.
>
> I have some PS3/PS4 bluetooth joysticks which I know can be used on a
> PC.  I hope these will do!!!

To the best of my Knowledge, the PC Joysticks are mapped into VCC..  Any
Joysticks should work..

> The GUI menu is going to be one of the more difficult conversions as I
> need to modify AGAR to work with SDL2.  I could regress SDL2 to SDL1.2
> which does work with AGAR.

This is Above my Pay Grade...    I wish you well and will Celebrate with
Your Victory!!!

> But even without the GUI menus OVCC now works enough that I can test it
> on other platforms.  I can always make any of the changes made by using
> the menus by editing the vcc.ini file.  Crude but workable!

That is Fantastic!!!!!

> Walter

I am Looking forward to your First Release.....

MarkO