[Coco] WiFi modem.

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Jan 20 00:46:06 EST 2018

The reason I’m asking is that most of the guys with CoCo3FPGAs now have this EPS8266 module.  So far, very little has been done with it. I experimented with it awhile back and retrieved some time packets from an ntp server and then tried hosting a simple web page but other than that I haven’t had the time to do much with it.

There was some conversation some months ago and it eroded to, "well you can’t do this or that with it, it doesn’t have flow control", etc, etc. But clearly it has some utility for doing some basic stuff like was mentioned on this list earlier today (logging on to an internet BBS).  I would at least like to see it progress to the point where we could do that. I’ve just been so caught up in some development projects that I haven’t had time to play with it.

At least some of my dev projects are allowing me to keep the 6809 alive and well using FPGA implementations.

Dave