[Coco] Barry's romdump program

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Jan 19 01:16:51 EST 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 12:55 AM, Barry Nelson <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
>
>> rietveld rietveld
>> Fri Jan 19 00:35:20 EST 2018
>>
>> It seems to work now.   It looks like the program got corrupted when I used wimgtool to extract it from the. Dsk.    I ran it from the. Dsk image and it works.   Thanks for checking anyway
>>

>> On a side note. The archive's copy of castle of tharogad does not work. It says it's 16k. I used your dumper on my ROMPAK copy of the game and it made a dump that was a bit bigger than 16k and wouldn't allow me to flash it.     I am trying to re dump the rom as a 32k instead.   Will that work?
>>
>> Sent from my BlackBerry Passport Red Edition.
> I am testing mine anyway and yes it does seem to be working (so far) with my CoCo SDC,  it is a little less than half way done right now dumping Mind Roll, a 32k banked cartridge. Anyway, I am confused, you say “I used your dumper on my ROMPAK copy of the game and it made a dump that was a bit bigger than 16k”? That should be impossible as the command t uses to save the dump is:
> SAVEM “DUMP”,&H4000,&H7FFF,&H4000
> This saves exactly 16k of memory starting at $4000 hex. Each 16k segment of the rom is saved that way. I don’t know how that could create a file any size other than 16k. Mind you, it will have a 5 byte CoCo header and a 5 bytes CoCo trailer standard to all CoCo bin files. It should be loadable into a CoCo Flash as a 16k bin file with no conversion needed.

Well it finished and worked although it hung on a green screen when it was done rather than existing to basic like it should have. I will look into that, but it’s probably not that big a deal. I also notice that it now dumps multipart roms starting the numbering at 1 rather than 0, I, uh, meant to do that. Uh huh, that's it… I’m going to leave it like that.