[Coco] WiFi modem.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 00:22:50 EST 2018

On Jan 18, 2018, at 10:58 PM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

> That's interesting stuff, Allen.  The "stock" firmware of the ESP8266 uses an AT command set but the actual commands are much different than the Hayes modem.  So I have a couple of questions: 1) How do you update the firmware on the ESP8266?  2) Are all iterations of the ESP8266 the same as far as firmware updates?

The firmware was written using the Arduino IDE with the overlay to make it support ESP8266. I hope to try this soon, as I am very familiar with Arduino.

I have a cheap USB to TTL adapter which can hook to the ESP8266, but it seems folks also use an Arduino to act as a pass through, using its USB serial input and Arduino TTL pins to talk to the ESP8266,

> I have a few of the ultra-cheap Chinese eBay ESP8266 boards but I've noticed that there are some other slightly different designs out there too.

I should know more soon.