[Coco] ML BASIC SPEED TEST

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:16:51 EST 2018

There is hand written text in ML BASIC manual. It's unclear if the
developer or owner of the program made the hand written text.

Anyways, there is a hand written text to compare the execution of a program
with ML BASIC vs Microsoft BASIC on the CoCo 3.

The code appears to be:
10 WIDTH 32 : CLS
20 FOR X = &H400 TO &H5FP
30 FOR Y = 0 to &HFF
40 POKE X,Y
50 NEXT Y,X

Can someone confirm that executes on a CoCo 3? (Make sure the code is
correct)

The writing shows 9 seconds under ML BASIC.
Under Microsoft BASIC, it shows 12, min 49 sec and then under that line it
shows...
= 769 sec

So my next ask is to time the program under ML BASIC (Compiled?) and ML
BASIC and give me the correct times.

If the masses think it isn't worth keeping the above, let me know and I can
omit.

Thanks,

Carlos
Color Computer Store