[Coco] ZORK and DriveWire

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jan 14 17:51:53 EST 2018

> On Jan 14, 2018, at 4:49 PM, rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I m getting an error also. Not sure why?   When I load straight from vcc it does work?

Emulators emulate actual hardware, and as such, they should be able to run anything a real CoCo can. There are things where emulators fall short on, like copy protected disks and such, but in general, they should work.

Drivewire and hard drive BASICS like RGB-DOS have their own way or reading and writing sectors, and hook in to the disk basic ROM. BASIC programs and anything that uses the legal ROM calls often works fine on these systems. But, any code that does it’s own disk access by writing to the WD1773 floppy drive controller chip won’t work since it’s not talking to the Drivewire code. VIP Library and many other things did this, and would never run under RGB-DOS or Drivewire.

Infocom May do the same thing.