[Coco] CoCoFEST! 2018 -- Call for Vendors/Exhbitors (and Attendees too!)

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Jan 12 07:33:56 EST 2018

From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>

Sub-Etha Software is planning to attend.

I plan to demonstrate Roger Taylor’s CoCo on a Chip project. I also plan to pull out some items from the Sub-Etha Archives to show, including a few vaporware things we were working on back in the early 90s.

I might have to see what plane tickets are going to be from here if Allen is going. Won't be the same without my "new" Rambler there though. I'm sure Allen remembers our drive to the Hard Rock in Chicago.... got back about 5 AM after a taxi slammed on brakes in front of us! At least he looked at my car and felt sorry for us... Just looked at his bumper, no real damage, so I told him I was good if he was. So he left instead of calling the cops. At least I didn't get a ticket! Wasn't really following too close... was damp, going down hill, and he stepped on the gas to go through a yellow light then abruptly changed his mind and stood on the brakes! I swerved into a parking lot across the intersection (no traffic, still don't know why the idiot changed his mind about going through the light -- had plenty time before it turned red!) and caught his rear bumper about center of my left headlight. Now that old Rambler is tall... the center of the headlight is about 30" off the ground. His rear bumper was that high after he stood on the brakes! Center of rear bumper was no more than 18" off the ground normally (early 90s Ford LTD?? Maybe late 80s...).  Had people out looking for us, mainly because Linda Podraza went with us to get us in... err... keep us out... of trouble. Tony was a little concerned after 1 AM or so...   Ah, the memories!! Left front fender and bumper of my car was messed up, but I hooked my tow rope (it was an old car, though well maintained, and I was prepared for most things!) to a light pole and pulled it out. Radiator caught the fan though (fan is CLOSE in those cars). We drove 30 minutes, stopped 30 minutes for it to cool off, put water in, drove another 30 minutes. Three or so hours later we're back in Elgin! No cell phones, and didn't call hotel because we didn't want to wake anyone to come get us... I guess... don't remember that part. Tony let me stay at his place a couple nights while I got the radiator fixed, and I drove home. Lots of comments along the way about the "hurt" Rambler...
Haven't seen anyone from up there in years, but did meet Tony and Linda for dinner this past summer when I drove my Rambler to Kenosha for a big Homecoming meet (Ramblers and AMCs were built in Kenosha, we have a big meet there every three years).
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548