[Coco] Things I Have Learned Over The Years…

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 02:27:13 EST 2018

This MIGHT be OFF subject, but here goes...

ThingsI Have Learned Over The Years…

Youcan call me anal retentive, but I’ve learned a number of valuablelessons over the years (over 65+). Some of these lessons have cost mevaluable time and effort but it was worth every lesson.

Oneof the 1st things I do whenever I buy (or borrow) a new(or used) piece of hardware or software is to read the manualsthoroughly. Once I have done that, the 2nd thing I do isto scan the manuals (for future reference). It also helps in caseyour dog eats one of them.

Inormally do all my scans in Greyscale but sometimes in color as well.I NEVER use less than 400 DPI (Dots Per Inch) and NEVER use more than800 DPI. This way I never fill my HD’s more than normal use. Alsothis way, I usually get a good scan that can be copied over and overagain without any major problems.

Atthe moment I don’t have a good OCR (Optical Character Recognition)Program, so I save all my scans as either PNG or JPG Files although Iprefer PNG Files. I do not like any of the OCR Programs out there, asthey are not completely accurate. If there was one, I would probablyuse it.

OnceI have a good scan, I then import (PASTE) the picture file into a NEWLibreOffice Document File and then resize the image to fit the page(or pages) and once this is done, I then save the whole Document fileas a “Windows 97 WORD” Document. I prefer this format as I havehad fewer problems with the DOC Files than with any other format.

Finally,once my WORD Doc File is done, I then start FoxIt PDF Reader and hitthe CREATE Button and import the DOC File I just created. I then savethe DOC file as a PDF File which I can then download to a web site orto friends in case they need them.

Oneof the last things I do, is to create a separate Directory with allthe files I just created in them. I also make a separate “PICTURE”or “PIC” Directory and save all the scans in this Directory.

Forexample, I just bought a new drone. I made a new Directory called“JJRC Elfie+ Drone Manual” and into this directory I put ALL myDOC and PDF Files. I then make another Directory called “Pics”which I put ALL my scans (and/or pictures) into.

Well,I hope these hints help with other users out there. I sure that otherusers will have more ideas and hints to share with everyone else.

Takecare everyone and have a Happy New Year…

Joe...