[Coco] Just saw somthing pretty cool is Off topic .

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Jan 11 10:45:32 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 09:38:30PM -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 2018, at 8:12 PM, Steve Pedersen <666jacktheknife666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here Is a youtube link
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQA8lowEKOo <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQA8lowEKOo>
> >
> > and a link to the board.
> > http://circuitgizmos.com/gizmo-store/#!/CGCOLORMAX2-Color-Maximite-Retro-Computer/p/53819402/category=14171440 <http://circuitgizmos.com/gizmo-store/#!/CGCOLORMAX2-Color-Maximite-Retro-Computer/p/53819402/category=14171440>
> >
> > I am really tempted to pick one of these things up.
> >
> > gist is that this is a micro controller board running at 100 mhz MS basic ,
> > lots of gpio accessable from basic, various built in ports ,sd card lot's
> > of fun stuff.
>
> Here is something to make it more on-topic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJEGRjz4dE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJEGRjz4dE>
>
> Nick Marentes ported the CoCo Donut Dilemma game to it.
>
> 		— A

Building the joystick interface is fairly simple and highly
recommended. I even extended the hardware interface slightly to
support SEGA joypads.

I took that a step forward and patched the Donut Dilemma source to
support the SEGA joypad as well, allowing both throw and jump to
use buttons rather than the somewhat awkward (IMHO) "up and button"
for throwing that is there by default. I sent those changes to Nick,
but I don't know if he ever applied them to a released version.

If someone does buy a Maximite and wants to play Donut Dilemma on it
while using a SEGA joypad, then feel free to contact me...

John