[Coco] [CoCo] CoCoTALK will be doing a Afterdark recording

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 23:03:15 EST 2018

'legal'  license work around for win7.

Sort of...

When you install Windows you are prompted to provide a valid product key to activate the Windows. But you also have the option to skip the prompt and access Windows 30 day Trial version.
use the slmgr -rearm command
 Just press Windows+R buttons to open “Run” In the “Run” window type “cmd” and click on “OK”.
 This will open “Command Prompt”,
just type slmgr -rearm
 Now press enter and after a short delay you will be prompted to restart your computer. Once restarted the trial period will reset to 30 days.

 For this Trick, you will have to tweak the Windows registry.

Type “regedit”
 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > SoftwareProtectionPlatform
In “SoftwareProtectionPlatform”, you will see an option of “SkipRearm”, double click on it.
Another window will pop up where the value will be set to “0”. Set it to “1” and hit “OK”.