[Coco] [CoCo] CoCoTALK will be doing a Afterdark recording

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jan 5 23:34:00 EST 2018

On Friday 05 January 2018 20:29:33 rietveld rietveld wrote:

> Skype will work on Linux if you use 'PlayonLinux'
>
> Just add WINE to PlayOnLinux and download Skype then install it using
> PlayOnLinux

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to find the skype.deb I just
put in drive_c.

And I also note that the wine it installed the first time I ran it, is an
x86 version, where this is a 64 bit quad core phenom. It will run it,
but...

I feel like I've invited the enemy in to take up residence. XP emulation
doesn't I hope, turn into the rootkit/virus magnet that XP is known to
be.  ClamAV will scan the system and tie any suspects to a tall oak tree
with a short rope. Like Willie Nelson, I have both.

> This works on ubuntu and should work on other Linux distributions

The skype I downloaded is skypeforlinux-64.deb

I'm gonna go check on the missus, and hit it. 10F, forecast for 1F
tonight.

> Sent from my BlackBerry Passport Red Edition.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)