[Coco] CocoPi3

Ron Klein ron at kdomain.org
Fri Jan 5 13:32:08 EST 2018

Hi Kandur,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Kandur <k at qdv.pw> wrote:

> Thank you Ron.
> There is a HUGE difference between a turnkey product like yours
> and when you have to hunt for parts of it, assemble, test and troubleshoot
> it.
> What I needed to know was the use of the TAB key,
> and File Manager, to mount disks or cartridges.
> I've been using FileZilla to access /media/share1 from a remote machine
> via SSH.
> Some of my games are in .dsk format those won't load, how can I convert
> them to .ccc format?

DSK images should load just fine using the File Manager area and choose
either FloppyDisk1 (flop1) or FloppyDisk2 (flop2).  Those are the
equivalent of DRIVE0 and DRIVE1 respectively.  Which DSK images won't mount
for you?  You could also mount the DSK images in Drivewire and access them
from the Coco drivers in MAME that are using YADOS or HDBDOS.  As an FYI,
you can use a menu option in the Utilities area to mount DSK images in
Drivewire or you can run Drivewire from a remote workstation and use the
"Connect to remote server" option to point to the CocoPi3 and mount the DSK
images that way as well.

The *.ccc files you speak of are cartridges (RomPaks).  I'm not aware of
any utilities to convert DSK images to RomPaks, but I have seen utilities
to convert RomPak images to BIN and dump them to cassette or DSK where they
can LOADm'd.

> In case you wanted to look at my Coco background, it's in my blog:
> http://p.uio.pw/wp/
> This blog and my web pages are co-hosted with the CocoPi3 on the same
> Raspberry Pi.

Cool looking blog!  Looking it over now...